So, it’s all over, and here are the 10 key facts about my Brexit reportage project!
1. It was completely crowdfunded, via a campaign here on Indiegogo!
2. The project took just over a month, all inclusive, starting on the 12th June, here in Calais, France –
Finishing up here, Billingsgate Market, on July 13th –
3. In total, the Brexit reportage project videos – over 80 in total – got over a million hits – on my channel alone!
5. There were three videos to get over one hundred thousand hits apiece, these were –
Almost 450,000 hits on this as I spoke to Ukrainian fans in France. Not everyone connects that a country working closely with the EU is in the throes of a bloody civil war, I wanted to shed light on this –
Hollie, this anti-Brexit protester, has almost 200,000 hits, though I didn’t encourage many of the negative comments in her direction –
This video of an altercation at an anti-Brexit demo, March for Europe, is well over 130,000 hits now –
6. The Brexit reportage project brought you reportage from 4 countries – France, Latvia, Denmark and the United Kingdom. Here, Denmark –
7. The Brexit reportage has been watched in over 200 countries – 217 to be precise, with the UK the most popular –
8. Funding for the project came from 13 countries, the number 1 – South Africa!
10. Finally, this project was a complete success – meeting all the goals set out! And it was entirely because of those people who chose to back this, via Crowdfunding, making real, independent journalism possible.
I’ll be contacting everyone who got involved in this project, and fulfilling, hopefully exceeding even, all the pledges made to you! Once more – thanks again, you made something wonderful happen!